“The F-TYPE Coupé and Convertible already represent everything you’d expect from a Jaguar sports car – seductive design, stunning performance and amazing agility.
The addition of all-wheel drive and manual transmission options to the range will further enhance the F-TYPE’s dynamic capability and offer even greater driver reward – broadening its appeal to sports car enthusiasts worldwide,” explained Phil Popham, Group Marketing Director. In 2015, the F-TYPE will set new standards with the addition of intelligent all-wheel drive (AWD) and six-speed manual transmission options, and Electric Power Assisted Steering (EPAS) standard across the range.
The latest driveline and chassis technologies heighten the sense of connection between car and driver and enable the F-TYPE to provide an even greater breadth of dynamic capability. “With the manual transmission option for the V6 F-TYPEs, we’ve gone to intricate lengths to engineer a very precise, technical and responsive level of interaction between the driver, the clutch and the transmission shift mechanism. It’s one for the driving purists – and I count myself as one of them”, says Ian Hoban, Vehicle Line Director.
The aluminium clamshell bonnet gains a deeper central power bulge. Either side are distinctive new vents, positioned further apart and further forward than those of rear-wheel drive F-TYPEs. AWD V6 models also feature unique 19-inch Volution alloy wheels in either silver or diamond-turned Technical Grey.
From behind the wheel drivers will quickly notice the extra dimension that AWD adds to performance, handling and road holding in all conditions – and especially on slippery road surfaces.
While Jaguar’s eight-speed Quickshift transmission offers an unequalled blend of shift speed, comfort and refinement, there will always be a select group of enthusiasts who want the satisfaction, which comes from changing gear manually.
To meet that demand, the F-TYPE’s engineering team developed a six-speed transmission exclusively for the high-revving V6 and rear-wheel drive (RWD) configuration. The short-travel gear lever with a throw of only 45mm, closely-spaced ratios, and pedals perfectly placed for heel-and-toe changes define what for some will be the definitive Jaguar sports car experience.
The latest driveline and chassis technologies heighten the sense of connection between car and driver and enable the F-TYPE to provide an even greater breadth of dynamic capability
Those seeking the ultimate in style and performance will now find it in the new F-TYPE R Convertible, available in RWD and AWD form and replacing the RWD-only 495PS F-TYPE V8 S. Jaguar’s renowned 5.0-litre V8 combines direct injection and a twin-vortex supercharger to provide immediate response to the driver’s request for power. With the roof down and an open road, this engine’s unmistakable soundtrack becomes even more exhilarating.
Developing 550PS and 680Nm, the all-alloy quad-cam unit is matched exclusively to the Quickshift transmission and the choice or rear- or all-wheel drive. The extra traction of AWD enables the R Convertible to accelerate from 0-60mph in only 3.9 seconds – matching the AWD R Coupé – before reaching an electronically-limited top speed of 186mph.
Enhancements are not limited to the chassis and driveline technology. The instrument cluster features new dials and gauges. The infotainment system is upgraded too: navigation routing is much faster than before and SD card-based mapping is available for
the first time.
For the ultimate in comfort and convenience, the driver can use a smartphone to start the engine, enabling the climate control system to bring the cabin to the desired temperature before the journey even begins.
Customisation is possible to make the F-TYPE look even more exclusive with the option of a Sport Design Pack: the bespoke splitter, sills, venturi and, for the Coupé, fixed rear spoiler, subtly enhance the styling without affecting the purity of line, which sets the F-TYPE apart in the sports car segment. Applying composite technologies first developed in motorsport and aerospace, Jaguar has engineered a carbon-fibre roof option for the F-TYPE Coupé. At just 4.25kg, the carbon-fibre panel is even lighter than the aluminium pressing. The high-gloss lacquer finish leaves the distinctive ‘twill’ weave of the fibres clearly visible.
The F-TYPE Coupé (three litre) is available in Sri Lanka from LKR 33 million (USD 250,800).
• The 2016 model year F-TYPE Coupé range will consist of: F-TYPE Coupé (340PS, RWD Quickshift / RWD manual), F-TYPE S Coupé (380PS, Quickshift RWD or AWD, RWD manual), F-TYPE R Coupé (550PS, Quickshift RWD or AWD).
• The 2016 model year F-TYPE Convertible range will consist of: F-TYPE (340PS, RWD Quickshift / RWD manual), F-TYPE S (380PS, Quickshift RWD or AWD, RWD manual), F-TYPE R (550PS, Quickshift RWD or AWD).
Engaging, rewarding: A sports car for purists The F-TYPE’s six-speed manual transmission has been designed to give enthusiasts the most rewarding driving experience possible. The combination of the free-revving supercharged V6, semi-dry sump gearbox and precise, perfectly-weighted shifts deliver enjoyment on a completely new level
Rear-wheel drive feel, all-wheel drive traction Torque on demand all-wheel drive and Intelligent Driveline Dynamics control maintain the F-TYPE’s handling balance while making the performance even more accessible – in all weathers
TRANSMITTING THE V8’S 680NM TO THE ROAD THOUGH ALL FOUR WHEELS HELPS THE R MODELS TO ACCELERATE FROM ZERO TO 60MPH IN JUST 3.9 SECONDS
Electric Power Assisted Steering: Steering feel redefined
The F-TYPE’s steering system still sets the benchmark for feel and response and the adoption of electric power assistance also cuts CO2 emissions
Infotainment and connectivity
The new InControl Touch infotainment systems offer all the functionality you need, from 3D maps and smartphone apps to surround sound systems and even remote engine starts
The interior of the Jaguar F-TYPE S Manual Convertible – Caldera Red (right column) and Jaguar F-TYPE R AWD Convertible – Glacier White (left column)
• F-TYPE, Jaguar’s definitive full-size sports car, receives new powertrain and driveline options to broaden the range from six to 14 models
• Torque on demand all-wheel drive (AWD) extends the F-TYPE’s performance and dynamic capability on all road surfaces and in all conditions
• In AWD form, the 550PS F-TYPE R Coupé will accelerate from 0-60mph in 3.9 seconds, with a limited top speed of 186mph
• Intelligent Driveline Dynamics (IDD) control strategy developed in-house to exploit maximum performance potential of AWD traction while retaining rear-wheel drive character
• AWD F-TYPE models gain a unique bonnet design featuring a deeper power bulge and distinctive new vents
• Six-speed manual transmission option for rear-wheel drive supercharged V6 models delivers the purest sports car driving experience
• Jaguar’s 550PS supercharged V8 comes to the F-TYPE R Convertible – available in both rear- and all-wheel drive configurations
• Electric Power Assisted Steering enables even greater precision and feel and reduces CO2 emissions by up to 4g/km on the EU combined cycle
• Torque Vectoring by Braking improves agility and – standard on R derivatives – is now available on V6 models
• Sport Design Packs for Coupé and Convertible models enhance exterior styling and enable greater personalisation
• New InControl Touch and InControl Touch Plus infotainment systems feature fast, intuitive operation and support Apple and Android smartphone connectivity – and even remote engine starts
• The new 2016 model year F-TYPE range goes on sale from Spring 2015
Jaguar in Sri Lanka;
Regency Automobile, IWS Centre,
451, Kandy Road, Kelaniya.
(+94 11) 539 4252,