Considered as the most expensive hotel suite in the world, the Royal Penthouse Suite occupies the entire eighth floor of the hotel. Luxurious and spacious, the entire area has been creatively decorated to provide a unique and enriching experience to the guests. Hotel President Wilson was first opened in 1963, with its purchase by the Tamman family in 1989, the entire property underwent renovation to be reopened in 1996. The continuous upgrading of the hotel has resulted in a modern new feel that ensures the property is a unique expression of its location. This is translated into the Royal Penthouse Suite as well.
Each detail of the Royal Penthouse Suite reveals luxurious comfort. The decor has been carefully selected, may it be art deco vase, a prestigious painting, or a Persian carpet, each object has been chosen for its unique value. A Steinway grand piano enhances the ambience of the sitting area. Spread over 18,083 sqft the Suite has 12 bedrooms,12 bathrooms, a 2,691sqft salon and a private terrace. The view of the lake from the salon, bedroom and bathroom is breathtaking. ‘To one side, the Rade de Genève, to the other, its rippling waves extend one’s view to the surrounding mountains. During night time moonlight caresses the lake and the city’s lights glow in their reflection.’ It is said that the views from the Suite have inspired famous musicians to create great compositions during their stay.
‘To one side, the Rade de Genève, to the other, its rippling waves extend one’s view to the surrounding mountains. During night time moonlight caresses the lake and the city’s lights glow in their reflection’
The balconies and the terraces overlook the hotel pool and are oriented to the south. The mystical panorama of the majestic Mont Blanc can be enjoyed from the jacuzzi or hammam through the large glass bay windows. The immense setting of the Suite has been skillfully restructured to include a new fitness area equipped with state-of-the-art fitness machines. Furthermore, the BeoVision 4–103, features a stand that has been uniquely engineered to elevate the screen at the touch of a button. Simultaneously, BeoLab 10, a bespoke speaker system, emerges from under the screen to ensure a superior sound quality. The screen can also tilt forward to ensure the best viewing position.
However, the exclusive service is said to surpass the standard swiss norm. ‘A subtle perfume emanating from the wardrobes of the master dressing room pervades the area as if by magic. And as for the magnificent floral arrangements, these are created especially to bring harmony to the environment.’ From the preparation of the Suite, until the departure of the client, a team is entirely dedicated during the stay of the VIP guests. A personal assistant, a chef and a butler are available 24/7 to meet the desires and special requests of every guest. Security is given high priority considering the profile of those that reside at the Royal Penthouse Suite.
‘The magnificent floral arrangements, are created especially to bring a harmony to the environment’
The Royal Penthouse Suite is undoubtedly the gem at Hotel President Wilson, Geneva where it embraces the essence of the location through its lush and opulent interior to proffer a stay of indulgence…
Guests at the Royal Penthouse Suite
Heads of State
- Shimon Peres (March 2011) The ninth President of the State of Israel
- Gulnara Islomovna Karimova & Lola Karimova-Tillyaeva Daughter of the President of Uzbekistan
- Abdallah ben Abd al-Aziz ben Abd al-Rahman Al Saoud King of Saudi Arabia
- King and Queen Sayyid Abdu’llah II bin al-Hussein al Hashimi King of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
- President Bill Clinton 42nd President of the United States
- Albert Arnold “Al” Gore, Jr. 45th Vice-President of the United States
- Prince Albert II Prince of Monaco and Head of the House of Grimaldi
- King and Queen Mohammed VI Kingdom of Morocco
- Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan President of the United Arab Emirates – 1971 to 2004
- Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahayan President of the United Arab Emirates, Emir of Abu Dhabi
- Mikhail Sergeyevich Gorbachev President of the Soviet Union
- Muhammad Hosni Said Mubarak The fourth President of Egypt
- King and Sheikha Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa King of Bahrain
- Tony Blair Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
CEO & Chairmen
- Sir Richard Charles Nicholas Branson Chairman of Virgin Group
- Bill Gates Chairman of Microsoft
- Ernesto Bertarelli CEO and Deputy Chairman of Serono, Team Alinghi
- Michael Douglas
- Michael Jackson
- Matt Damon
- Sir Roger Moore
- Céline Dion
Surveillance cameras are situated in the corridors and at the entrance of the suite with video monitors located at the interior of the suite’s central alarm system and the hotel’s alarm system.
An interphone is situated at the entrance of the suite to permit identification of visitors.
Entry doors (steel lining of interior), periphery walls and armoured windows are (6cm in width).Likewise, inside the suites there are further sliding, armoured doors to ensure isolation of specific zones.
Anti-intrusion magnetic contacts are to be found on the terrace side of the suite. In the event of intrusion or illness, the two main bedrooms are equipped with push buttons on each side of the bed linked to the hotel’s security centre.
The armoured safe is human full-size and possesses its own security system with an alarm and a mechanical key.
The entire floor is armoured and equipped with security cameras, as well as a private guardroom. As for the bay windows, these are of bullet-proof glass. A private lift takes the guest(s) directly to the ground floor. Evacuation by helicopter is foreseen in case of necessity.